Thursday, January 5, 2012

Letter of the Week

Dear Thomas,


I didn't wish for it to end like this. It may have been my mother who put me in the world, taught me to talk, walk and behave myself. You had taught me to live. When I'd scream in the darkness of the night, pressed by the overwhelming feeling of solitude you'd lay down beside me. Letting your bodyheat ensure my soul and I fell asleep without a single vicious thought. When I'd climbed up the poisonous trees, surrounded myself with the twigs and the buds you took yourself up and called me down. I remember your hot breath tickling close to my ear when you murmured songs my mother used to sing. When I stumbled during the formation your arm had been there, lifting me off the ground within seconds. So quickly not even the ones next to us perceived the rule violation. I don't know what I'd do without you. Can you belivie that? Does it scare you to know that the reason I was still alive yesterday was you? When you see this, you will also be the reason for my death. If you're reading this, it means you weren't there. Not there to protect me and as much as I would love to know why, it's to late. You were to late, and you'll live with that in your memory the rest of your painful years. I'll be gone and you'll be to late.


Loving memorys, yours truly, Nova


©

No comments:

Post a Comment